egypt, tower of terror mural

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am a visual storyteller. The works that I’m the most satisfied with are those that draw the viewer in and compel them to ask, how does it end?

I've always been a sucker for a good story, and fascinated with pictures that tell a tale. Sometimes they come from picture books, sometimes motion pictures, but when a picture paints a story I get interested. Consequently, most of my work is narrative, consisting of storyboards, cartoon animation, and storybook illustration. Even when painting a single, framed, gallery piece I try, above all, to tell a compelling story.

Over the years I have used a variety of mediums, including the computer. Each has it's own beauty and benefit, so I usually combine them, and keep the process as swift and interesting as possible. I have done landscapes, still-life's, portraits and technical illustrations, but when I can tell a tale with my art, I am the most content.

No comments:

Post a Comment