egypt, tower of terror mural

Tuesday, January 12, 2010



Welcome to 2010. I continue to develop art for licensing, and illustrate a children's book. I am trying to make sure that each drawing and illustration is as entertaining as it can be. Realism and correctness of proportions and other such academic technicalities must come second to entertainment. Not that they are not important and worthwhile things to strive for, but so often the best entertainment appeal comes only after you have distorted and twisted the "realities" to some degree.

For a friend, I am posting a photo of me and my large statue that I made a couple of years ago.
The statue was made with an underlying armature of welded steel, styrofoam blocks layered over that, and finally modeling clay on the surface. The whole thing was then cast in silicone and a fiberglass cast was made.


No comments:

Post a Comment